Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cash, Greenbacks, Money, Moola

The text of the poem

"Did you have money?" I said
"Not enough,” she said.
"I don't even know what it is I'm chasing."
What happens if you have all your
eggs in one basket? What happens if
we keep getting
abducted by circumstance
& crimes of exploitation?
Look, don't believe in the deep human
need for dreams that inspire us
even in the face of tragedy.
Instinctively -- even if they're not consciously aware of it--
we salute the basic human urge to get
out of debt
                                                                 we really want to
"I've been telling myself it's going to get better,"
he thought.
Get the relief that you've been
waiting for with cash! Green-
                                                     backs!
                                                       Money!
Moolah cures depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment